Wednesday 14 September 2016

A nice relaxed evening of food, drink and a little golf was enjoyed last night at the incredibly hospitable Grange-Over-Sands Golf Club.

Brilliantly arranged by Steve Rooke and Steve Richardson it was a very enjoyable event for all, including uncoordinated non golfers like myself!

The putting and chipping practice sent me back to my childhood in our local Park (jumpers for goalposts era if you get the allusion) coupled with lovely memories of when the kids were small and we all sheltered from a thunderstorm in a Crazy Golf fibreglass tree in Florida (were we carrying lightning conductors? fortunately I'll never know...), thinking about it there was a bit of lightning around last night at the end as well!

Seen with Rookie are some lovely ladies, from left Carol, Ladies Prize Winner Isobel, Claire and June.

As all sports are supposed to be based upon human hunting instincts and physical skills (aiming, throwing, running, propelling heavy objects, etc.) I was left, yet again, with thanks that I did not live in a former age when I would definitely have starved to death.








No comments:

Post a Comment